Thursday, February 2, 2012

Baby # 2 @ 13 Weeks!

13 weeks down...27ish to go! :) Looking at it that way, it sounds far off, but that little bundle will be here before we know it. Life with a toddler goes much more quickly, it seems.


We are super excited to become a family of four (Or is it 5? Our pup, Alli, might beg to differ...) sometime on or around - Lord willing - August 8, 2012!


To answer some of the more common questions I've already been asked so far about this pregnancy:

  • I've been feeling OK. The pregnancy seems similar to my first with Zoe, but I've had a little more nausea than before. That seems to be getting better.
  • I'm tired - ALWAYS! I'm pretty sure I could sleep at the drop of a hat, but circumstances don't usually allow anything close to that with little Miss Z. Needless to say, I do take a nap most days when she is napping in order to survive the day. Other than being tired, though, I really can't complain.
  • I occasionally feel the baby "fluttering". It's not really moving, kicking, etc. so much yet. Just "fluttering". :) It's much easier to know what I'm feeling the second time around.
  • No, we will not be finding out what we're having. We loved the surprise the first time, and I'm sure we'll love it the second time, too! We'd be perfectly happy with a boy or a girl, so no need to find out. As Chuck often says, "Anticipation is half the fun!" :)
  • I think we'll be having a midwife this time around. I'm not 100% certain and have some time to decide, but we've been highly recommended to a wonderful practice by a good number of our friends. So far, so good. And really, I didn't know much about midwives - there really isn't much difference at all in what they can or can't do. I was happy to hear that!
  • I don't recall really "showing" with Zoe until about 16+ weeks. Well, as the pictures below can attest, that certainly isn't the case (and our ultrasound would assure you that yes, there really is only one baby in there!) At this rate, they might have to roll me to the hospital in August! ;)
  • Zoe is super excited to be a big "thiss-tuur"! I don't think she really understands it, but she loves talking about the baby, loves to hug and kiss my belly, and thinks it's just hilarious when Chuck talks to the baby. She's "aware" - but not really aware. Boy, is she in for a surprise in a few months!
13 weeks





Zoe loves giving kisses to the baby...or is it my belly button? :)


Baby # 2 is about 3 inches long this week...

...about the length of Zoe's little train! :)

"thiss-tuur"

...take 7...

...take 19...

...take 33...

No, really! She can't wait to be a big sister! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment