Monday, May 3, 2010

Zoe Grace Commeret

Zoe Grace Commeret
born Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 2:34 pm
8 lbs., 0 oz.
21 inches
already grabbing mommy's fingers...
Chuck and I have been immeasurably blessed with the healthy birth of our beautiful daughter, Zoe Grace. Her addition to our lives has brought daily joy to us. We are so grateful for her and know that she was meant to be a part of our family. Thank you to everyone for your faithful prayers and support as we prepared for Zoe's arrival and as we are now adjusting to life with her here.

How exciting it was to hear the words, "It's a girl!" from the doctor's mouth! We had no idea what to expect - so everything was surely a surprise. And what a wonderful surprise it was. I think some of my first words were, "So it IS Zoe Grace." :-) Chuck had loved the name Zoe for a long while. I had always loved it, too, but was much more indecisive than Chuck about picking a name. However, we were pretty sure that was going to be the name for a few months.

Around Christmas, my mom had a very vivid dream. All she would tell me was that she was sure we were having a girl and that the girl had a name in her dream - a name she wouldn't tell me, no matter how much I asked her to. A few weeks after the dream, Chuck and I told my mom our top three girl names, ending with Zoe, Chuck's top pick. Mom's response (besides the look of shock on her face) - "I wasn't going to tell you - but that was the name in my dream!" We could NOT believe it. I know I had never mentioned the name to her before, so this was unbelievable. We were sure this was the name if we were to have a little girl, but my mom didn't want to know if that was the name we had picked or not. Zoe is the perfect name for our daughter. It is a Greek word found many times throughout the Bible meaning, "life." So, her name means "life" and "grace." We love it!

Zoe has indeed filled our days with life and grace. She is a constant reminder of God's faithfulness. Zoe is truly a miracle and we thank God for her every day.
Our happy family :-)
Proud daddy
Proud mommy
wide awake after all the visitors left
proudly supporting daddy's Masters program at MSU
Zoe thinks her parents are pretty funny already. :-)
1st time in the car seat - she hated it

We were so thankful for wonderful doctors and nurses and the immense help and support they offered us. Yet, we were very excited to be going home - just the 3 of us!

1st car ride - not too thrilled

 
 Zoe had to "break-in" her new house with a nap.

 
 Alli meeting Zoe for the first time - she didn't quite know what to think. She seems to really like her now, checking on her whenever she makes a noise. Even though they get along, Alli still is a bit jealous of all the attention Zoe gets instead of her. :-)

 
 Dad's three ladies

 
 I had to include this priceless picture - Annika was expecting her new cousin to be the orange monster from "Sesame Street," while Jackson is a bit distraught about having another girl in the family!

 
1st bath - not a fan!
 
 
much better - all cozy with daddy 

 
 a perfect fit

 
I love daddy!

 
I love mommy!

 
1st stroller ride
 
 
 1 week old

 
 Oh no! A thumb sucker like her mommy was?

 nap time :-)

 
first tummy time on her cool playmat

 
flexible froggy legs!

 

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog entry. I need some of those prints, Michelle, or learn how to put them onto my digital frame. I also want everyone to know that I don't predict the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post...especially the pictures! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Looking forward to holding her soon.

    ReplyDelete