Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reusable Diapers!

It took a little bit of convincing, but I am now excited about it (you may want to ask me again in a couple months if I still feel the same way!) - the Commerets are going to venture out on the road of reusable diapers! I hesitate to say cloth diapers, because they really have come so far since the cloth diapers that first come to mind. This is what typically comes to mind for most...
http://www.thefamilygroove.com/cloth.jpg
However, after much research on what's new in the cloth diaper industry, I believe I have found the reusable diaper that will be perfect for us: the Bumgenius Organic All-in-One One Size diaper. They are awesome. I can say that now before all of the washing and extra work has begun, but I still say they're pretty fantastic. We have 30 diapers, which should last from birth through potty-training. However, the diapers at their smallest size still appear a bit large, so we will probably start using them once the baby reaches 10 pounds or so and we can get a nice snug fit.
This is a new experience for us - among many, so I'm sure I will blog about the Bumgenius diapers again in the future. We look forward to saving money, the environment, and lots of waste by "going reusable." Let the adventure begin!
 the beautiful Bumgenius reusable diapers

 Who knew they made diaper odor remover and bottom cleaner?
Well, they do!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, guys. Very informative. We'll have to see how it works for you. Maybe we'll go that way for Baby 2. Happy to be a Commeret Corner subscriber. Soon, with this kind of information, this will clearly need to become a pay site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - good luck with that! I tried it when Graysen was about 10 months. I think at that point I was already spoiled by the ease of disposable diapers (plus, your brother made fun of me mercilessly ;)). If I had started from the beginning maybe it would have stuck? Any way, I love the philosophy of reusable diapers. You are right - they have certainly come a long way since way back when...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is fantastic! And I have also heard great things about how cloth/reusable diapers have improved over the years. I'll have to call for advice when its our turn. :)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to see and hear how it goes! They are cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo...I've heard good things about these! (I have 2 of them and have to admit I've only used them for pictures. :P)

    ReplyDelete