Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Beginnings...

Today marks the day of new beginnings. It was my last day of teaching and my first day preparing to be a stay-at-home mom. Without the baby here yet, it's quite a strange feeling! But I know that void will soon be filled with our little miracle. I can't wait.

Although it was what we desired, it was hard for Chuck and I to decide for me to stay home next year instead of going back to work. However, when I woke up this morning without regret as I got ready for my last day of teaching (for now), I knew the decision was right. God granted me the peace I needed that passes all understanding.

It was a great last day of work. Everyone was so loving, empathetic, and excited for this new journey Chuck and I are on. It's great to be surrounded by those who can share in our joy. We have been blessed with incredible families, friends, and co-workers.

Now that I will be home until this baby decides to make its appearance, I can get back to my nesting. :) Yesterday I was at the store and couldn't help but buy this delicious-looking chocolate called, "Coconut Nest." Chuck came home and asked what it was and I said, "I don't know! It just sounded good!" When he read the name, he was certain I bought it because I was nesting. Too funny.

 Last night's "nesting candy" :)

On a different note, Chuck has done his fair share of nesting as well. He installed new functioning seat belts in the car's backseat (we thought this might be a bit important to be able to take the baby home...:), he painted the entire basement and rearranged all of the furniture, he did all of the outside "spring cleaning" yard work, he finished his Masters term paper almost four weeks early, he ordered and installed large area rugs in both bedrooms, and the list could go on! Chuck has also finished working on the baby's bedroom. It is beautiful. I can't wait until our little one gets to enjoy it as much as we do!

 Baby C's Nursery

The doctor assured me yesterday that the baby can come any day now. That was exciting news, but I don't want to get too hopeful that it's going to be early or here by its due date. You just never know! Either way, I know that in 3 1/2 weeks or less, I'm going to be a mom. I couldn't be happier. :)

10 days and counting until the due date...

We love you, baby!

1 comment: