Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All I Wanted For Christmas Was...

...my two front teeth!
Look closely, they're there on the bottom! :)

OK, so I really need to get better about blogging. Maybe once I get caught up here I can stay on top of it!? One can only hope. :)

It's hard to believe that just a year ago Zoe was but a baby bump...and now, nearly 9 months old! We had a fantastic Christmas with Zoe. We spent Christmas Eve morning together just the 3 of us (or 4, if you count Alli, the wonder dog). Chuck and I have had the tradition of opening gifts together that morning for a few years now, preceded by a fantastic breakfast that Chuck makes, which we simply call "Yums." Some of you may have been privileged to try this before; nevertheless, it was, as it always is...yums. :) Zoe seemed to really enjoy opening all of her fun toys from us. She was not only interested in shredding and eating the wrapping paper, but she was also intrigued with some of her new toys from us that actually "did" something. My personal favorite is probably her girly Glowworm. I had no idea these still existed! Prior to Christmas, Zoe had no interactive toys, just mostly teethers, rattles, and some blocks, which she does still love. After opening a present and showing Zoe how it worked, Chuck would take it from her to get it from the box. It was quite hilarious to see our strong-willed girl (WHERE does she get THAT from?) ;) get mad and actually scream when he took it away! Oh, the joys of what we get to look forward to! It was still cute. Anyhow, our first family Christmas was just perfect.

Alli made the road trip with us to Grand Rapids and Holland for Christmas Eve at Chuck's dad's and Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day with my side of the family. We enjoyed all of the time we were able to spend with our families. We found lots of time to relax and enjoy each other's company. It was also fun to give some special gifts. We were especially excited to give my parents their grandkids photo. They loved it.

Below are some Christmas season highlights. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. :)



































Hope your holidays were as merry as ours. :)

1 comment: